We are very proud that Ryan as inducted into the National Honors Society this year!
We started school a few weeks ago. Matthew is in 6th grade this year and Ryan is a Junior in HS!
Matthew has had a very awesome aide in his classroom up until this year. She brought him over some very cool goodies as a treat...
Matthew has a new to the classroom but not to the school teacher this year (LOL!).
Then here they are on the 1st Day of school. I've given up trying to get any before we leave for school - so we take them after school! LOL!
I am trying to get more photos, more stories put away about our little family. It's easy to take photos, but lately I have zero interest in getting them somewhere where anyone can look at them. I want to do a Project 365 (taking a photo a day) again, but have no desire to edit and sit at the computer yet each night. I am tired by the time I get Matthew to bed and most days, bed wins out with getting up at 5am most mornings. I have followed a blog for awhile now where she uses 12 photos on the 12th of each month to illustrate a bit of their day that day. It dawned on me that this is something I can do. It can be my project 12 - a set of photos for each month at least. I also want to continue a 4 people 12 times too. I did this last in 2011 and I liked doing it.
So - this month on the 12th we...
- I started the morning out on a 4 mile run. It's a rest week - next week will be a 10 miler. Enjoyed a beautiful sunrise.
- We went on our usual WalMart run 1st thing with breakfast at McDonald's first.
- Michael was able to install the radio and speakers in the Jeep - we now have tunes!!!
- We loaded up in the afternoon and went out to the dessert to shot and drive around a bit. I got to shoot my new gun!
- Ryan got out my D40 and is practicing with it.
- The boys posing on the Jeep when we packed up to go drive a bit.
- Ryan took this one of Michael and I.
- The 4 of us with 4 Peaks in the background.
- Ryan drove us home after we stopped at LJS's to have dinner.
- Gorgeous sunset!
- Our nightly Uno game before Matthew goes to bed.
We got up pretty early, after a pretty late night last night. Matthew got to bed later than usual and then with it being unfamilar surroundings and the excitement, he didn't go to sleep for forever! Katherine had a call back here...
We left at 8:30am and then drove a whole whopping 10 miles to arrive at 10am! Oh the joys of LA driving!
We had to laugh on seeing this right out our front windshield after dropping Katherine off! We drove around quite a bit the night before and couldn't find it in the dark! When I had been up there in Jan. we had driven around and couldn't find it at night either. We found out later it was when it was being repaired! LOL! Still don't know why we didn't see it the night before this time!
So pretty again!
They had fun digging in the sand together!
Then we went back so Katherine could get ready for this...
Ryan had a blast watching & helping them!
This guy did really well until it got really late again. He had been so good watching and being quiet until he was just done! Then we went outside and did some laps walking around the pool...
Here's 1 of Katherine that I took on the beach!